Saturday, March 6, 2010

Up, Up, Up and Away

Things are looking up. 
I moved to Ottawa 6 months ago and was unsure of what it would have in store for me. A town of politics, history, and more politics I doubted its ability to produce anything fashionable, unique or fun. For the first few months, I'm sorry Ottawa, thats how I felt. But upon further research, time, and amazing friends, I have discovered all of those things are in this city... where ever you are, you just have to give it a chance. I decided to stop caring about the way the people in my classes dressed, the apparent uniform of school sweaters and sweats and decided to dress from me. Not that I look down on the way people dress here but I decided that they are not trying to impress me, so why should I impress them. I wore a uniform for a few years, so I want to exercise some creativity. Slowly, I have bonded with people with their own unique style and personalities, realizing that they are way more than the way they dress (although it is very well), they are my friends who have helped me let go, discover Ottawa and have fun. 
No matter where I am in the future, I know I will find those people who are right for me, who I can depend on and who I can admire, but I will not be able to find the same girls I have here. And for that I am thankful. 
I have learned a lot about style, vintage shopping, that scissors can do so much more than I thought, and about life. I know the next month will be filled with Value Village, dancing with our eyes closed, bussing to the bars, and ripping off school convenience stores.  
Wherever I was last year, deciding to come to this school, no matter where I am next year, I have not regretted a thing. 

Enjoy a few pics of my scavenger friends, who can find fun and fashion anywhere they go. 





15 comments:

  1. I totally understand your feelings ( I guess in small german towns and cities it's just the same), but with the right people, it's not that bad - and it seems like you're having fun! And I love all the outfits (is that a Matthew Williamson for H&M bag?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alles voller stylischer menschen :) gefällt mir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment! :-)

    xoxox


    http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh cute....made me miss my girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us. And those patterned tights are gorgeous
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute!
    love all the outfits

    great blog!

    if you can, check out:
    http://ladolcemoda7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you're having a great time! :) Just live life & enjoy it, giiiiirl. :)


    MELANIELIKES.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Follow please?<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog today.

    Cool photos!!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. you make me want to cry.
    can't wait to read the next post you were talking about writing on bejewelled cell phones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love you

    we will all rent a flat in manhattan !

    xx
    j

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog!!!!
    <3L.
    www.horaconfessions.com

    ReplyDelete