Monday, September 17, 2012

Home Sweet Room

Just over two years ago my parents sold our beloved childhood home. They couldn't stand to be empty-nesters in the huge house that was typically filled with four noisy teenagers growing up together. They downsized to a pretty but quaint house about 1/3 of the size. This definitely took some getting used to... especially as my "room" went from a den to an office to a storage closet (I don't live at home full-time).  So, when I decided to return to Winnipeg for a final summer before my senior year to enjoy time with family and intern at a great television station - the desk, filing cabinet and boxes would need to be moved. My Mom and I scoured the interiors market for weeks - everything from cute designer home boutiques to Homesense to garage sales. 

Below are a few pictures of what we came up with. I wish I had before and after photos, but I didn't think that far in advance. I had the most lovely summer in this light, breezy and elegant room. It is quite a small space, so we were limited with the layout and what we could fit. Thankfully we found some great stylish storage pieces! I am more than happy that it doubles as a guest bedroom so that others can enjoy it the way I did. And I can't wait to settle right back in during every holiday that I'm home.





No comments:

Post a Comment