Friday, October 16, 2009

Dreaming of Velvet


Velvet is one of this seasons must-haves. But it took me awhile to catch on... I mean, I had countless red, blue and green velvet dresses with big puffy sleeves for every occasion when I was a little girl- christmas, birthdays, new years, it was all the rage for a 6 year old in the 90's. And now my velour days have  come crawling back to me and I just can't get enough. Diane Von Furstenburg, created the luxuriously soft navy blue dress in the foreground, it is the perfect mix of sparkle and sheen for a special occasion! The tights are a great way to mix the trend into your everyday wear, and can definitley be dressed up with a flowy top. I invested in a pair yesterday and I am already cozying up to them, have you ever felt the latest trend? It's so soft, Im thinking of re-upholstering...everything! The grey Thayer skirt from shopbop is another lovely item to easily mix velvet into your fall/winter wardrobe. Add one of the banana republic necklaces and you are ready for a glitzy night on the town!

No comments:

Post a Comment