Saturday, October 10, 2009

My new furry friends...

 I got a new pet today, he has many purposes: nice to look at, keeps me very warm, soft to pet and so much fun to play with in the snow. The breeder? Julie Pedersen.

If you have not heard about Julie Pedersen Designs, you will. A local Winnipeg designer who has reinvented the traditional Inuit Muck Lucks. Julie's "muckies" are the epitome of high fashion, superior craftsmanship and are just plain beautiful. And yes, they will keep your toes warm in the Winnipeg winter.
Today, for my birthday, my father and I visited Julie Pedersen in her studio in the exchange and we were overwhelmed by the amount of fur, fabric and creativity that was literally bursting through the doors. Julie greeted us as the perfect model of her product - relaxed in jeans and a T, but sporting luxurious rabbit fur with eccentric hot pink feathers sewn around the dark black suede. I can not imagine the selection this young up-and-coming has to choose from. But I did get a sneak peek- hundreds of boots line her studio as she is preparing for shows in both Toronto and New York in just a months time.

My boots, could not be more perfect for me. Black suede feet with black rabbit fur -- which is so soft I am tempted to sleep with them. And my favorite part- a gold embroidered floral arrangement on the outside right leg to add a perfect splash of "wow".

Since I've discovered "muckies" I don't think I could ever look at another UGG again. I thanked Julie for rescuing me from almost asking for a new pair for my birthday.

Now, I just need a name for my furry friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment